(215) 291-2968 Tuesday - Nov 20, 2018

CrossFit Novem’s Athlete of the Month: Tracy

Behind the scenes with our CrossFit Novem’s Athletes of the Month, Tracy!

What got you into CrossFit?
I’ve always belonged to a gym, but found myself growing bored and constantly struggling to remain motivated. I have always been curious about CrossFit, and admired the lifestyle and the comprehensive approach the community promotes. After several controversial discussions in the physical therapy world, and abandoning my gym routine at a neighboring conventional gym, I decided to give it a shot!

Name a fitness goal that you have.
The ultimate is ring muscle-ups! .. But considering I’m nowhere near that point, I would love to improve upon my snatch form, as this is the lift I am struggling with most during workouts. Rope climbs, Kipping pull-ups, handstand push-ups.. SO MANY GOALS!

Tell us one thing about yourself that no one in the gym knows about you.
I have been water skiing and wake boarding for about 10 years now. That’s where I’m at my best – on the lake.

What is your Athletic background?
I have always been an active person, and participated in all sorts of sports from a young age; gymnastics, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball… you name it! I’ve always enjoyed weight lifting, which unfortunately took a back burner to seasonal sports. It feels so great to be back into the swing of things.

Favorite Benchmark, wod, and lift.
Benchmark: “DT”
WOD: Anything that doesn’t involve the bike and/or thrusters 🙂
Lift: Deadlifts and squats have always been a love of mine. In regards to new skills,
I’ve taken a particular affinity to the clean.

How has CrossFit impacted your life?
Countless ways! I’ve realized that I am mentally and physically stronger than I give myself credit for. I surprise myself with my physical capabilities. Although it is still a work in progress, I’m learning to love my body and all that it does for me. Since joining crossfit my relationship with food has been positively altered, and has reinforced my personal lifestyle beliefs; maintaining a healthy, clean diet 95% of the time (the other 5% is for pizza and all things cheesy).

Predefined Skins

Primary Color

Background Color

Example Patterns

demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo